Dear Fellow Sleep Apnea Sufferer,If you’re reading this website, you’ve probably tried every sleep apnea treatment under the sun…but your sleep apnea is as bad as ever.You might have tried:
- CPAP; (but you couldn't stand sleeping with that damn mask on your face)
- Losing weight; (but that didn't last very long)
- Dental appliances; (uncomfortable and often not effective)
- Surgery; sometimes effective, but often not permanent
Despite trying all sorts of treatments, you still have sleep apnea – and it’s making your health worse by the week.
Isn’t There a Simple and Inexpensive Apnea Treatment That I Can Do at Home?
The fact is, there ARE sleep apnea treatments that don’t involve putting equipment on your face, going under the knife, or other drastic measures.
These treatments are proven to help cure (or significantly reduce) sleep apnea – but many doctors don’t recommend themWhy?Simply put, many doctors don’t know about these treatments. They aren’t trained in medical school on the range of sleep apnea treatments available today. So they prescribe CPAP as a “knee-jerk” solution.
Now, don’t get me wrong – CPAP can be a highly effective treatment for sleep apnea. But there are so many drawbacks to CPAP that it’s just not worth it for many people.
I’m talking about side effects like:
- Sinus infections
- Dry mouth
And that’s not to mention the biggest drawback of CPAP: you’re sleeping with a mask, tube, and other equipment attached to your body!
How natural is that? Not very, in my opinion – and the opinion of thousands of people who subscribe to my website, www.ApneaTreatmentGuide.com.But here’s the good news: there ARE sleep apnea treatments that are completely natural; that don’t require expensive and uncomfortable equipment; that can be done in your own home; and that are backed by scientific studies to help cure sleep apnea.
“I can now say that I have been cured. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
I have been planning to write to you for several weeks. I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea last December, and endured six weeks of CPAP treatment that provided no relief. Then I purchased your piece about alternative treatments. I can now say that I have been cured.
Thank you! Thank you! thank you! I no longer have to endure the dreaded CPAP mask, and can now sleep as a normal human being.
I have regained my ability to sleep solely by using your recommended breathing exercises.
(I was going to try acupuncture next, but fortunately didn’t have to pay for that option.)
Thanks again for bringing natural sleep back into my life!
Sincerely,Sandy Thomas - C.E. (Sandy) Thomas, Ph.D. Clean Energy Consultant (former President of H2Gen Innovations, Inc.)
“Well done on a great piece of work!”
Thank you for sending me the initial draft of your ebook/guide. I’ve had a good read and must admit it’s certainly a guide to be proud of.
The writing ‘voice’ is friendly and/ informative without being condescending, the whole guide has a positive thread running through it and no negativity which is good. Love the conclusion and especially like the point of telling people they’re not alone with their OSA, very important.
There are helpful references throughout and the case studies are a great human touch addition……by the way I recognise these people so I’m guessing I’ve seen them somewhere along the way!
Really like the images and illustrations…..laughed at the woman with her mouth taped shut, adds humour but doesn’t undermine the serious issue of OSA. Personally I really like it and actually wouldn’t alter anything. The balance is spot on perfect…..relaxed but helpful.
Well done on a great piece of work!Dr. Brian Wright Speech Language Pathologist Email: slpbrian.w at gmail dot com
The Sleep Apnea Exercises Program
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Sleep Apnea Exercises That Strengthen Your Upper Airway and Cure Sleep Apnea
Curious?Read on to learn more!
MY STORY: FROM CPAP to WEIGHT LOSS to…THROAT EXERCISES?
Since starting Apnea Treatment Guide in 2008, I’ve spent hundreds of hours researching apnea treatments that DON’T involve CPAP. That’s led me to discover many fascinating treatments that are proven to help cure sleep apnea. But by far the most promising treatment is something called “orofacial exercises”. What are orofacial exercises? I’ll give you a detailed description in a moment. But first, allow me to explain why most people have sleep apnea in the first place.
WHY MOST PEOPLE HAVE SLEEP APNEA (AND SNORE)
The vast majority of people with sleep apnea suffer from what’s called “obstructive sleep apnea”, or OSA (a small percentage of people have “central sleep apnea”. Central sleep apnea is very different from OSA, and is caused by neurological factors. I’ll be talking only about obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA, here).
When obstructive sleep apnea occurs, the tissues in your upper throat relax and collapse together while you’re sleeping. This blocks the air’s passage temporarily.
Here’s how it happens while you’re asleep:
- Travelling to the lungs, the air will make its journey via the nose, mouth and throat (all known as the ‘upper airway’)
- Normally the rear of a person’s throat is soft and naturally falls inward when the person breathes.
- Muscles in the throat will be working against the collapse, trying to maintain an open airway.
- When the tissues at the rear of the throat collapse and become temporarily blocked off, apnea will happen and the person’s breathing is halted (“apnea” is a Greek word that means “cessation of breath”).
- Apnea can also occur if a person has a tongue that is too thick, or a soft palate (the back part of the top of your throat) that is flabby.
There’s also a connection with snoring here. Flabby tissues in the mouth and throat not only collapse when you fall asleep. They also VIBRATE – which is what causes snoring.
So the key to conquering obstructive sleep apnea (and snoring) is to have STRONG muscles to keep your throat open while you sleep – muscles in your throat, tongue and soft palate.
Let’s move on to HOW you can strengthen those muscles.
HOW CAN EXERCISE CURE MY SLEEP APNEA AND SNORING?
As I said, the main reason people do exercises for obstructive sleep apnea is to build and strengthen the muscles located around their airway.
By doing these exercises, the airway is a lot less likely to completely collapse and become blocked off during sleep.So what kinds of exercises strengthen the airway?Here are the main categories of exercises, for each body area:
- Tongue exercises: many people don’t realize that the tongue is a muscle. If the tongue becomes weak it can drop into the throat, causing an airway blockage. Tongue exercises assist in building the tongue’s tone and strength.
- Jaw exercises: a tense jaw can contribute to obstructive sleep apnea. If the jaw is tight it can place pressure directly on the breathing passages. Jaw exercises will help to loosen and relax the jaw muscles.
- Throat exercises: weakened throat muscles can collapse during sleep, causing the airway to become blocked. Throat exercises help to build, tone and strengthen the throat muscles. The exercises also open the throat up more to prevent it closing upon sleep.
- Soft palate exercises: the soft palate muscles located around the base of the tongue relax during sleep. A weak soft palate can flap around and its tip can fall down onto the tongue. The soft palate exercises lift the soft palate up. The exercises also tone and strength the soft palate.
WHAT EXACTLY IS AN EXERCISE FOR SLEEP APNEA AND SNORING?
Obstructive sleep apnea exercises are all connected with the face, throat, mouth, nose and neck region of the body. The general concept is to strengthen, exercise and train certain muscles, making the airway easier to access during the night while sleeping.But here’s the key: not just any exercise works in strengthening your airway; only certain exercises have been proven to strengthen the muscles that cure sleep apnea (and snoring). Your goal is to focus on THOSE exercises, so you don’t waste your time.
So what exercises am I talking about, exactly?Here’s an example of an exercise that has been proven to significantly reduce sleep apnea: it’s called “soft palate blowing”.The steps to do soft palate blowing are as follows:
- Inhale air through your nose.
- Exhale via your mouth. As you exhale press your lips together. This action forms a resistance.
- When you exhale tighten your abdomen.
- Maintain the blowing for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times
What does this exercise achieve? Well, your soft palate and uvula (the dangly bit at the back of your throat) are elevated during the exhalation, which exercises and strengthens the muscles. Your pharynx will also expand and be enlarged.
PROOF THAT THESE SLEEP APNEA AND SNORING EXERCISES WORK
I know what you’re probably thinking at this point: “these exercises seem so simple. How do I know they actually work?”
It’s a little-known fact that since 2007, there have been a number of scientific studies carried out on orofacial exercises (also called “oropharyngeal exercises”), to determine if these exercises are truly effective.
These studies have been carried out in the sleep laboratories of universities, and speech pathology clinics around the world.Here's a quick rundown of two studies that have been conducted:
- Oropharyngeal Exercises Study #1
- Study title: Effects of Oropharyngeal Exercises on Patients with Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
- Location: University of São Paulo Medical School, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Objective: To conduct a series of oropharyngeal exercises on patients with moderate obstructive sleep apnea – and determine if the exercises make any difference.
- Method used: 50 patients recently diagnosed with moderate obstructive sleep apnea were screened. Thirty-one patients were accepted for the trial. The trial lasted for three months.
- Results: the study group showed a significant 39% reduction in obstructive sleep apnea episodes. Improvements noted were:
- Decrease in neck circumference measurement
- Reduced snoring
- Better sleep pattern
- Conclusion: the study concluded that oropharyngeal exercises can significantly reduce obstructive sleep apnea severity and symptoms, and showed oropharyngeal exercises as a very promising treatment for those with moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
- Oropharyngeal Exercises Study #2
- Location: Speech Language Clinic in the UK.
- Objective: To determine whether there would be any noticeable impact via oropharyngeal exercises in patients with moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea.
- Method used: 31 males aged between 40-50 years were subjected to a 2 month clinical trial. 15 of the males involved were administered a “pseudonym” drug and informed that the drug was newly created. The drug, when taken over the course of 3 or more weeks, helped to strengthen the throat muscles and reduce any extra flab within the neck area.
The other 16 males were instructed to carry out oropharyngeal exercises for the course of the 2 month duration. The exercise routine was done daily, prior to bedtime.
- Results: no difference was noted in the 15 men administered the “pseudonym” drug.
The speech language pathologist leading the study said, “We obviously needed to use a fake product to set against the oropharyngeal exercises. The 16 men completing the exercise routine, had to feel as though they were competing – as if they were taking part in a challenge. The 15 men taking the so called ‘drug’ thought they had the easy option. The other group did all the physical work” (i.e. doing the oropharyngeal exercises).
Of the 16 men completing the exercise routine:
- 2 showed no signs of improvement
- 8 showed minor signs of improvement
- 4 showed major signs of improvement
- 2 showed signs that their obstructive sleep apnea had completely cleared
The minor signs of improvement were:
- Less daytime exhaustion
- Less frequent snoring
- Reduction in flab around the neck region
- High quality of sleep achieved
- Conclusion: in his findings, the lead speech language pathologist says, “The results speak for themselves. This study has been conducted to prove what a lot of speech language pathologists already had an inclination of, anyway – oropharyngeal exercises can in fact help, if not cure, obstructive sleep apnea.”
EXERCISES THAT WILL CURE YOUR SLEEP APNEA AND SNORING!
Here’s another great thing about these exercises: they also cure (or significantly reduce) snoring.How?Sleep apnea and snoring are often caused by the same thing: flabby throat tissue.
In the case of sleep apnea, the flabby throat tissue causes the airway to close when you’re asleep.
In the case of snoring, the flabby throat tissue vibrates while you’re asleep (especially if you breathe through your mouth while sleeping). It’s that vibration that makes you snore!
Many sleep apnea sufferers also have a snoring problem. So orofacial exercises can kill two birds with one stone!
BUT WILL IT CURE MY TYPE OF SLEEP APNEA?
As I mentioned, these exercises will not cure central sleep apnea (because central sleep apnea is a neurological disorder, which cannot be solved through exercises of the mouth, tongue, and throat).
But these exercises have been proven to work on a range of people with obstructive sleep apnea (and problems snoring).Here’s how to tell if these exercises will work for you:
- Your sleep apnea is caused by flabby throat tissue, or a large, thick tongue
If you have flabby throat tissue or a large tongue, orofacial exercises will strengthen up the muscles in all the necessary areas – which means your airway will stop collapsing while you’re asleep.
- You have a neck size that exceeds 16 inches and/or a body mass index (BMI) that exceeds 25.
THROW AWAY YOUR CPAP IN 20 MINUTES A DAY!
So I’ll bet your next question is: “How long do I have to spend doing these exercises?”
Here’s the great news: many of the exercises in my program take less than 1 minute to do the repetitions.Now, you’ll need to do more than one exercise per day. In fact, when you’re just starting out I recommend that you do 8 different exercises (you don’t have to do all of the exercises in my program. There are 18 different exercises in total, and you can choose the ones you want. More on that below).
The bottom line? Expect to spend approximately 20 minutes per day doing the exercises – at first. Once you see improvement in your sleep apnea, you can choose to reduce the amount of time spent exercising.
BUT WILL I HAVE TO DO THESE EXERCISES FOREVER?
Here’s what Nick, from Lincolnshire, England, had to say about his exercise schedule:
My GP recommended a CPAP machine to begin with. I hated it and couldn’t sleep with it on. It felt very restricting. I tried various other methods, even yoga! Then a friend mentioned they’d heard about a study regarding oropharyngeal exercises. Desperate to be rid of the CPAP machine I went via my GP to a speech language pathologist and enquired about the exercises.
I started a routine of 8 exercises. I was instructed to do these 4 times daily, and in the initial week I noticed a difference. I continued with them each day. Then I cut them down to twice daily. Now I do the routine just once a day. Personally I wouldn’t stop them completely for fear of my obstructive sleep apnea returning to the same level that it was prior to the exercises. I do still have the odd bad night and when that happens I simply up the routine for the following few days.Nick Lincolnshire, England
So as you can see, how long you continue to do the exercises will depend on how quickly your orofacial exercises are strengthened and your personal preferences.
DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THE EXERCISES, OR CAN I CHOOSE THE ONES I LIKE?
The great thing about the Sleep Apnea Exercises Program is its flexibility.In the program you’ll be given a range of exercises that you can mix and match based on your preferences. Now, the ones you select will have to be a balanced assortment – because it’s vital that you’re working all the relevant muscles (tongue, throat, neck, etc).
But with the comprehensive range of exercises I’ve put together in my program, you’ll have a good variety of choices.
WHAT RESULTS HAVE OTHER PEOPLE HAD?
Here are some of the things that people have said about the results of oropharyngeal exercises:
“I am sure that if you follow the exercises religiously and follow the other suggestions in the program your condition (or that of your loved one) will improve”
When I first heard of this project, I was truly elated. As a working mother with two children 14 years apart, it was difficult to cope with sleep apnea since I had to be vigilant at night – when they are most at risk and go to work the following day.
Needless to say all three of us lacked the energy; my eldest daughter had difficulty in concentrating in school while lack of sleep made it almost impossible for me to keep my temper in check.
Therapy is costly in terms of time, energy and money; which brings me back to why I am glad this e-book is off the ground and in your hands. The exercises are similar to those my children were taught with a twist – they are better because there are inputs from not just one speech pathologist but many consultants. In effect, you are multiplying the benefits.
My youngest daughter who has Down’s syndrome responded very well to the new exercises I found in the book. I’ve had a week to try out the exercises and she has been sleeping more quietly these last two nights – and I’ve been waking up chirpier. She’s also lost weight lately and I’m sure that this factor counts a lot.
I am sure that if you follow the exercises religiously and follow the other suggestions in the e-book your own condition (or that of your loved one) will improve. Be patient as individual conditions vary and so does response to therapy.Mary Tolentino, MD Manila, Philippines
“My snoring has all but stopped now and I’m not gasping for breath as I was, my wife and I now share the same bed once again”
“My obstructive sleep apnea was destroying my life and my marriage. My wife couldn’t sleep and we ended up in separate bedrooms. The snoring was an issue true enough-but she couldn’t sleep next to me out of fear. She honestly thought I was going to pass away in my sleep and hated the CPAP machine as much as I did. My GP suggested seeing a speech language pathologist. Well, I have to admit I had my reservations but I’m so glad I went. I would never stop my oropharyngeal exercises. I started doing them 4 times daily and now do them twice daily. I do a series of 8 exercises.
My snoring has all but stopped now and I’m not gasping for breath as I was, my wife and I now share the same bed once again. The CPAP machine has become redundant and now lives in the back of our wardrobe! My advice to anyone, young or old, no matter how long you’ve been a sufferer for, go along to your GP and enquire about seeing a speech language pathologist. The oropharyngeal exercises are such a natural ‘treatment’ compared to the CPAP mask, they are well worth the effort. My apnea has been reduced by approximately 70-80% since completing the exercises regularly.”Mike aged 67, Kent, UK
A STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO PROGRAM AND MANUAL THAT WILL SHOW YOU EXACTLY HOW TO DO THE EXERCISES!
One of the biggest obstacles to completing an exercise program successfully is knowing exactly how to do the exercises.
That’s why the Sleep Apnea Exercises Program comes not only with a 52-page manual (with step-by-step instructions, and illustrations of the exercises) – it also includes 18 online videos where you’re shown exactly how to do the exercises.Here Is a Tiny Sample of What You’ll Get When You Register for the Sleep Apnea Exercises Program:
18 step-by-step videos
18 step-by-step videos that show you exactly how to do the sleep apnea exercises.
A 52-page manual that includes a description of each exercise; illustrations to show you how to do each exercise; an explanation of what each exercise does for your body.
The manual includes these sections:
- Causes of sleep apnea;
- Relationship between sleep apnea and snoring
- Scientific studies backing up sleep apnea exercises
- How to test your sleep apnea at home
- Daily tasks to keep your sleep apnea at a low level
- Names and website addresses of speech language pathologists in the U.S. and U.K. who specialize in sleep apnea, and have agreed to list their contact details in my manual.
- Names and contact details for obstructive sleep apnea support groups
- MP3 (audio) recordings of the exercises that you can download and listen to on your iPod, iPhone, or MP3 device. (This is especially useful for the exercises that you’ll want to do in front of the mirror)
- Access to an online Members’ Area, where you’ll be able to download the manual, watch the videos, and get the bonuses!
Save yourself time, money, and future frustration. Stop spending hours trying to find an easy, proven treatment for your obstructive sleep apnea.
“I have reduced my obstructive sleep apnea attacks by half since doing them!”
“I would never give my Oropharyngeal exercise routine up, even if you offered me money! They’ve transformed my life. I complete a set of 6 exercises, mainly tongue based, twice daily. I have reduced my obstructive sleep apnea attacks by half since doing them! ”Colin aged 56, Birmingham, UK
FREE BONUS #1! “Cure Your Sleep Apnea With Herbs” ebook Valued at $49.95
FREE BONUS #2! “Overcome Daytime Fatigue: Sleep Apnea Edition ebook” Valued at $49.95
FREE BONUS #3! “Weight Loss for Aleep Apnea” ebook Valued at $49.95
FREE BONUS #4! “Healthy Sleep - Learn the Safest Way to Sleep the Way You Want” ebook Valued at $49.95
FREE BONUS #5! Free Lifetime Updates Valued at $99.95
SUPER BONUS – Free One-On-One Counseling With Marc MacDonald For 3 Months (Only a Few Spots Left!) Valued at $197.00
Take into consideration…
“Five Reasons to Try My Sleep Apnea Exercises Program”
- No need to sleep with uncomfortable (and expensive) equipment
- No need for dangerous (and expensive) surgery
- You can do the exercises in the comfort of your own home – or wherever you like!
- Cure your sleep apnea AND your snoring at the same time!
- My 60-day, no-hassles, money-back guarantee. You have no risk!
Let me ask you this: how much is it worth to cure your sleep apnea AND snoring?Now, I know $47 is not cheap. But let’s compare that to the cost of other treatments for sleep apnea and snoring (many of which don’t even work).
Think about the financial cost of your CPAP (or dental device, or surgery, or…). Then think about the emotional cost of sleeping with that uncomfortable, intrusive equipment. Or about the risks involved in surgery.
What I am offering you is the chance to rid yourself of obstructive sleep apnea for good! (Or at least significantly reduce it.)
Act now: you can appreciate that this offer needs to be limited. As more people join the Sleep Apnea Exercises Program, I’ll need to increase the price – because as more people view the videos in the Members’ Area, my cost of hosting the videos will go up.Click here to access the Sleep Apnea Exercise Program (50% Discount Code: DD-094201)
Within 30 seconds you can have access to the password-protected Members Area, where you can view the 18 instructional videos, and download the 52-page manual, along with bonuses.
So what guarantee do I offer?
THE SLEEP APNEA EXERCISES PROGRAM RISK-FREE 60 DAY GUARANTEE
60 Day Iron-Clad 100%Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Use my Sleep Apnea Exercises Program for 60 days and if you aren’t absolutely impressed, just email me saying “Refund Please!” and you get all your money back! I am so confident that my program will put you on the right path, that I stand by the guarantee, or you will get 100% of your money back.
Why am I doing this?Well the answer is quite simple. You see, I know that my Sleep Apnea Exercises Program will be a new start in your life. The scientific evidence shows that these exercises – when done consistently, and with diligence – do cure obstructive sleep apnea (or at least significantly reduces it).
I’ve been researching alternative sleep apnea treatments for several years now, and this treatment is the most promising that I’ve seen. Not only is it the lowest-risk treatment I’ve seen, it’s also the cheapest and easiest to do.
That’s why I’m extremely confident that when you start following the videos (or the written manual – your choice!), it will go a long way to regaining your good health and…
It Will Be The Happiest Day Of Your Life!
If you’re finished for good with CPAP, dental devices, surgery, and all the rest of it…
If you’re ready to take your life into your own hands…
…then this is the solution you’ve been searching for.
Imagine yourself in six months from now… Are you still suffering from this debilitating condition or…are you living a vigorous, active, alert life, enjoying renewed energy and vitality without the chronic fatigue of sleep apnea? The choice is yours…
Bear in mind that 95% of the people who suffer from sleep apnea will continue to suffer with CPAP. Many of them will simply accept the “status quo” and go with the knee-jerk treatment that their doctor prescribed for them.
If you’re one of the few people who are motivated enough to explore new solutions – one of the top 5% who are ready to do what it takes to finally be rid of apnea, then join us and order today, because “just thinking about it” never led anyone to better health!As Nike says: “Just do it!”
The Sleep Apnea Exercise Program
Your Complete Guide to Sleep Apnea Exercises That Strengthen Your Upper Airway and Cure Sleep Apnea
“…now I’m ‘the best mummy in the world’. Before I was the ‘grumpiest’!”
“My Obstructive Sleep Apnea has been reduced by roughly 60% since starting the exercises. My husband has, at last, shut up about my snoring!
A tip from me if you’re going to start some oropharyngeal exercises: gargle with some lukewarm water for a minute prior to exercising. I find this helps to relax my throat.
I would never stop my exercise routine, my life’s so very different now. I am more awake and full of energy for my daughter. Apparently now I’m ‘the best mummy in the world’. Before I was the ‘grumpiest’”!Linda aged 35, Yorkshire, UK
“Wow, the exercises really are working!”
Wow, the exercises really are working! I have been doing all of them because I wanted to get relief as quick as possible, and today my wife said that last night she didn’t hear me snoring at all.
When I completely relax my throat muscles now, air can pass through without any snoring noise, and 2 days ago when I did this no air could get through.
Really grateful that you made this program!P. Jafari Ontario, Canada
P.S. If you have any questions or concerns you’d like answered before you order, feel free to contact me at any time.The exercises in the Sleep Apnea Exercises Program are based on mouth, throat, and tongue exercises that have been proven in scientific studies to cure (or significantly reduce) obstructive sleep apnea AND snoring.
Please do not make the mistake of dismissing this opportunity out of concern that it may be hype or some scam. If you have reservations let me put your mind at rest. I will be more than happy to talk to you if you need reassurance. I’m confident that my program can work for you too. Action is the only way forward!P.P.S. Remember, with the 100% money back guarantee, there’s no risk on your part. You have nothing to lose by at least trying my Sleep Apnea Exercises Program, and you need to act quickly to get in on this offer before the price goes up, so click here to order today!